In an update given to the press, the parliamentary group UDPS and Allies fully supports Samy Badibanga who participated in the work of the Preparatory Committee of the Political Dialogue. As such, he is both the spokesman and the only person authorised to commit the parliamentary group UDPS and Allies. No question of giving in to rumors about any disavowal that come from nowhere.
By going to the Dialogue, Samy Badibanga has not betrayed anyone. Instead, he obeyed the logic of the Group exercised the option, on June 16, to take active part in the dialogue. Indeed, at the invitation of the Facilitator Edem Kodjo, 26 UDPS parliamentarians, imitated by their allies, had unanimously mandated Samy Badibanga to continue contacts with the Facilitator. Below, the development of the parliamentary group UDPS & allies on the participation of the Honourable Samy Badibanga the Preparatory Committee of the Dialogue.
Development of the parliamentary group UDPS and Allies
- The parliamentary group UDPS allies and would inform the national and international opinion that in accordance with its Rules of Procedure and Article 50 of the Rules of Procedure of the National Assembly, the Chairman of the Parliamentary Group is the spokesman and ensures only the representation;
- There was never any meeting of the parliamentary group UDPS allies and the purpose of giving any position on the presence of its members in the work of the Preparatory Committee of the inclusive national dialogue and that, consequently, any reaction, as to what can not be that a private title that does not commit the Group;
- The parliamentary group UDPS allies and reminds that on 15 June 2016, it held a meeting in its permanence and, after discussions and deliberations quite democratic, all members of the Group Members have exercised the option to participate in national and inclusive dialogue;
- As of June 16, 2016, led by President Samy Badibanga and his first Vice President Fabien Mutomb twenty-six UDPS parliamentarians were received by the Facilitator Edem Kodjo on invitation of the latter. The same day, the allies Deputies were also received by the Facilitator. After that, an evaluation meeting was held in the permanence of the parliamentary group UDPS and Allies. Unanimously, Deputies reconfirmed the decision to participate in the inclusive national dialogue and to participate in all stages of the process, including the Preparatory Committee. They thus mandated the Chairman of the parliamentary group UDPS and Allies, Honourable Samy Badibanga, to continue contacts with the Facilitator, for this;
- Notwithstanding the review of the facts which can not honestly suffer from any contradiction, the parliamentary group UDPS allies and emphasizes that, in accordance with Article 101 of the Constitution, the mandate of national MP is not imperative;
- The parliamentary group UDPS allies and informs national and international opinion that the Honourable Samy Badibanga Ambatobe Nyongolo and participate in the Preparatory Committee of the inclusive national dialogue under the institutional component Opposition which the Honourable Samy Badibanga is head of delegation and that includes many Deputies and Senators of the Opposition;
- In conclusion, the parliamentary group UDPS allies and emphasizes that besides the above two meetings it held no other meeting, much less a meeting on the repudiation of anyone and that, therefore, Honorable Samy Badibanga remains the Chairman of the parliamentary group UDPS and Allies. As such, he is the spokesman and the only person authorized to engage. Consequently, any act or statement from a person or a small group of individuals is null and void.
Done at Kinshasa, August 27, 2016
Honourable Ambatobe Nyongolo